We are meeting from 9-11 AM on FRI 5/9/14 for a planning meeting to prepare for our exercise on WED 5/14/14 around lunch time. We will be posting material here that is related to and supports our activities.
We are developing a tsunami observation plan and this exercise will allow us to rehearse our procedures that are part of our plan. Our activities will parallel and interweave with part of a State Level Exercise. The 2014 Cascadia Earthquake and Tsunami Exercise Series is described in detail on the CalOES website.
Our “subject matter expert” field team will take actions during the exercise that are meant to test our regional plan. Independent of our plan, we will be interacting with participants on other teams, who have goals distinct and independent from ours.
Team Member Meeting Attendees:
- Amanda Admire
- Eileen Hemphill-Haley
- Jim Falls
- Lori Dengler
- Kathy Moley
- Jay Patton
- Rick Wilson (remote)
- Ann Rosinski (remote)
Please check back here as I am updating this site regularly leading up to our exercise next week.
Here are some background materials for our activities related to this exercise:
- Enlistment Letter for this meeting
- The Goals for our Tsunami Science Team during this exercise
- SOR and BC Instructions
- Guide to Geospatial Data
- CA Catastrophic Incident Base Plan: Concept of Operations
- “Interoperability Deployment” Diagram: We create Incidents by making Field Observations (see the lower left part of this diagram).
- Cascadia subduction zone earthquake and tsunami Response Plan (public version)
- SpotonResponse is a place to upload observation information.
If you have any questions, please contact Jay Patton at jayp at cascadiageo.org